Thackeray claims terror threat to b`day celebrations
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Saturday said there was a terror threat to the party workers` rally
being organised here on Sunday on the occasion of his birthday.
"Police have got information that taking advantage of the
crowd, terrorists are planning another attack like 26/11 on my
birthday," 84-year-old Thackeray was quoted as saying in party
mouthpiece `Saamana` today.
Meanwhile, Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said a Joint
Commissioner of Police had informed about the terror threat to
the rally. "Thackeray will not attend tomorrow`s rally being
held at the Shanmukhanand Hall but Sena Executive President
Uddhav Thackeray would attend it," he said.
"You people (party workers) congregate in large numbers
due to your love for me. But care would have to be taken to
ensure that no one gets into the crowd and does any untoward
thing," Thackeray said.
"I am always eager to meet you but I can`t," the Sena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race