Thackeray claims terror threat to b`day celebrations
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Saturday said there was a terror threat to the party workers` rally
being organised here on Sunday on the occasion of his birthday.
"Police have got information that taking advantage of the
crowd, terrorists are planning another attack like 26/11 on my
birthday," 84-year-old Thackeray was quoted as saying in party
mouthpiece `Saamana` today.
Meanwhile, Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said a Joint
Commissioner of Police had informed about the terror threat to
the rally. "Thackeray will not attend tomorrow`s rally being
held at the Shanmukhanand Hall but Sena Executive President
Uddhav Thackeray would attend it," he said.
"You people (party workers) congregate in large numbers
due to your love for me. But care would have to be taken to
ensure that no one gets into the crowd and does any untoward
thing," Thackeray said.
"I am always eager to meet you but I can`t," the Sena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre