Thackeray claims terror threat to b`day celebrations
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Saturday said there was a terror threat to the party workers` rally
being organised here on Sunday on the occasion of his birthday.
"Police have got information that taking advantage of the
crowd, terrorists are planning another attack like 26/11 on my
birthday," 84-year-old Thackeray was quoted as saying in party
mouthpiece `Saamana` today.
Meanwhile, Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said a Joint
Commissioner of Police had informed about the terror threat to
the rally. "Thackeray will not attend tomorrow`s rally being
held at the Shanmukhanand Hall but Sena Executive President
Uddhav Thackeray would attend it," he said.
"You people (party workers) congregate in large numbers
due to your love for me. But care would have to be taken to
ensure that no one gets into the crowd and does any untoward
thing," Thackeray said.
"I am always eager to meet you but I can`t," the Sena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt