Thackeray consoles Munde over deceit
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has
consoled senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, who suffered a
setback in his home turf in the election for Municipal Council
President at the hands of his nephew, saying that deceit is
part and parcel of politics.
"Munde must be feeling insulted and cheated. However,
dishonesty is the order of the day in politics. A dishonest
person is considered the political `Lokpal`. Munde should not
lose hope. Ups and downs, success and failures are normal in
politics. One has to learn to digest deceit as well,"
Thackeray said in an edit in party mouthpiece Saamana.
"People should teach such deceitful leaders a lesson in
elections and prove that they are the real Lokpals," he said.
Thackeray noted that in the politics of power,ideology
and blood relations have no value.
Nephews have got unnecessary importance in Maharashtra
politics in present times, the Sena patriarch, who faced
revolt from his own nephew Raj Thackeray a few years ago,
"They revolt against their uncles saying that they are
being surrounded by coterie and how they are being held
hostage by such people. However,the nephews must know that
they have back stabbed their own uncles who worked hard to
rise from the grassroots and make a name for themselves. The
nephews benefit from fruits of their uncle`s hard work," he
According to him, if Munde had not created his base in
Beed district and carved a niche for himself in state politics
with the help of late Pramod Mahajan, nobody from Munde family
would have been able to enter politics.
Dhananjay ensured the defeat of his uncle`s candidate
and the party`s official nominee in the Parli Municipal
council president`s election recently. Thackeray asked Munde
to find out the `insider` who helped Dhananjay revolt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption