Thackeray Facebook arrests: HC transfers judge
Mumbai: The magistrate who had sent two girls to judicial custody over a Facebook post against Mumbai bandh has been transferred.
The Bombay high Court has transferred First class judicial magistrate Ramchandra Bagade to Jalgaon from Palghar with immediate effect, reports said. No reason has been attributed for the sudden transfer of Bagade.
Bagade had sent two girls to judicial custody and later granted them bail on a bond of Rs. 15,000 each last week.
21-year-old Shaheen Dhadha was arrested for a Facebook post.
Her friend, Renu, who ‘liked’ her comment was also arrested.
Importantly, the girl had withdrawn the comment and apologised before the attacks took place.
To add to the trauma of the family, a mob of Shiv Sainiks, irked with the girl`s anti-Bal Thackeray Facebook post, allegedly vandalised a hospital owned by her uncle in Palghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency