Thackeray Facebook arrests: HC transfers judge
Mumbai: The magistrate who had sent two girls to judicial custody over a Facebook post against Mumbai bandh has been transferred.
The Bombay high Court has transferred First class judicial magistrate Ramchandra Bagade to Jalgaon from Palghar with immediate effect, reports said. No reason has been attributed for the sudden transfer of Bagade.
Bagade had sent two girls to judicial custody and later granted them bail on a bond of Rs. 15,000 each last week.
21-year-old Shaheen Dhadha was arrested for a Facebook post.
Her friend, Renu, who ‘liked’ her comment was also arrested.
Importantly, the girl had withdrawn the comment and apologised before the attacks took place.
To add to the trauma of the family, a mob of Shiv Sainiks, irked with the girl`s anti-Bal Thackeray Facebook post, allegedly vandalised a hospital owned by her uncle in Palghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'