Thackeray Facebook arrests: HC transfers judge
Mumbai: The magistrate who had sent two girls to judicial custody over a Facebook post against Mumbai bandh has been transferred.
The Bombay high Court has transferred First class judicial magistrate Ramchandra Bagade to Jalgaon from Palghar with immediate effect, reports said. No reason has been attributed for the sudden transfer of Bagade.
Bagade had sent two girls to judicial custody and later granted them bail on a bond of Rs. 15,000 each last week.
21-year-old Shaheen Dhadha was arrested for a Facebook post.
Her friend, Renu, who ‘liked’ her comment was also arrested.
Importantly, the girl had withdrawn the comment and apologised before the attacks took place.
To add to the trauma of the family, a mob of Shiv Sainiks, irked with the girl`s anti-Bal Thackeray Facebook post, allegedly vandalised a hospital owned by her uncle in Palghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media