`Thackeray must be sad seeing face-off between Uddhav, Raj`
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal has said that octogenarian Shiv Sena supremo
Bal Thackeray must be a sad man to witness a face off between
his son Uddhav Thackeray and estranged nephew Raj Thackeray.
Bhujbal, a former Shiv Sena leader and a close aide of
the Sena patriarch, who switched sides in the early 1990s,
lamented the manner in which both the cousins were heaping
scorn against each other in the last few days but said, "I
would not like to comment on this because it is their internal
He said the fight between Uddhav, the party executive
president of Sena and MNS chief Raj had left the "Marathi
He rejected the charge of dynasty politics saying that
relatives of established politicians have to prove themselves
after the electorate endorses them at the ballot box.
Bhujbal`s son Pankaj is the NCP candidate in Nandgaon
assembly constituency while nephew Samir is the party MP from
Speaking about the rebels in fray, Bhujbal said rebellion
is common during elections and was a healthy sign of
"The Shiv Sena-BJP like to call themselves a cadre based
outfit and even they have been affected by rebellion," he
said. On the issue of chief ministership if the Congress-NCP
coalition was voted to power, Bhujbal said, "Our aim is to get
maximum number of seats for both the parties.
"The issue of chief ministership will be decided after
elections," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead
- Watch this beautiful video of Grand Canyon of Tuolumne River from space!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC