Thackeray urges people to overthrow Congress
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Tuesday appealed to people to overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, saying they had ignored crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Oust Congress and banish the darkness forever," the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in a statement published in party mouthpiece `Saamana` here.
Thackeray, who virtually announced retirement from public life in a video message at the annual Sena Dussehra rally in October, greeted people on Diwali. "Overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, which are a `cancer`," he said.
The Sena chief flayed Congress governments for ignoring crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde says all problems of the country would be solved by playing a cricket match with Pakistan," he said.
The Sena chief had yesterday said he was ailing but not on ventilator. "I am feeling breathless, but I am not on ventilator," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor