Thackeray urges people to overthrow Congress
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Tuesday appealed to people to overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, saying they had ignored crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Oust Congress and banish the darkness forever," the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in a statement published in party mouthpiece `Saamana` here.
Thackeray, who virtually announced retirement from public life in a video message at the annual Sena Dussehra rally in October, greeted people on Diwali. "Overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, which are a `cancer`," he said.
The Sena chief flayed Congress governments for ignoring crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde says all problems of the country would be solved by playing a cricket match with Pakistan," he said.
The Sena chief had yesterday said he was ailing but not on ventilator. "I am feeling breathless, but I am not on ventilator," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This mind-boggling stat reveals why Virat Kohli has been T20 cricket's king in 2016!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why