Thackeray urges people to overthrow Congress
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Tuesday appealed to people to overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, saying they had ignored crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Oust Congress and banish the darkness forever," the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in a statement published in party mouthpiece `Saamana` here.
Thackeray, who virtually announced retirement from public life in a video message at the annual Sena Dussehra rally in October, greeted people on Diwali. "Overthrow the Congress governments in the state and at the Centre, which are a `cancer`," he said.
The Sena chief flayed Congress governments for ignoring crucial issues like rising inflation, electricity shortage, corruption and Indo-Pak relations.
"Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde says all problems of the country would be solved by playing a cricket match with Pakistan," he said.
The Sena chief had yesterday said he was ailing but not on ventilator. "I am feeling breathless, but I am not on ventilator," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack