Thackerays are from Bihar: Digvijay mad, says Uddhav
New Delhi/Mumbai: Hitting back hard on Digvijay Singh after he came up with ‘proof’ that the Thackeray clan originally belonged to Bihar, Shiv Sena working president Uddhav Thackeray said on Wednesday that the Congress leader has misrepresented facts as he doesn’t know Marathi.
Digvijay had yesterday brought to the fore the contents of a book written by Bal Thackeray’s father Prabodhankar Thackeray. As per Digvijay, page number 45 of the book has detailed the Thackeray family’s travel from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Rubbishing the interpretation, Uddhav Thackeray said Digvijay couldn’t understand the actual context as he doesn’t know Marathi.
“My grandfather had talked about the society living all across India and just about our family,” he said, while also terming Digvijay as mad.
The book in question was published by the Maharashtra government when Shiv Sena-BJP combine was in power in the state.
Uddhav had recently suggested that there be a permit system for Biharis coming into Mumbai, while his cousin Raj Thackeray had threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
Digvijay Singh has retorted back, “Where were they (Thackerays) hiding during 26/11 attack. If they are not believing what their grandfather then what I can say.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?