Thackerays are from Bihar: Digvijay mad, says Uddhav
New Delhi/Mumbai: Hitting back hard on Digvijay Singh after he came up with ‘proof’ that the Thackeray clan originally belonged to Bihar, Shiv Sena working president Uddhav Thackeray said on Wednesday that the Congress leader has misrepresented facts as he doesn’t know Marathi.
Digvijay had yesterday brought to the fore the contents of a book written by Bal Thackeray’s father Prabodhankar Thackeray. As per Digvijay, page number 45 of the book has detailed the Thackeray family’s travel from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Rubbishing the interpretation, Uddhav Thackeray said Digvijay couldn’t understand the actual context as he doesn’t know Marathi.
“My grandfather had talked about the society living all across India and just about our family,” he said, while also terming Digvijay as mad.
The book in question was published by the Maharashtra government when Shiv Sena-BJP combine was in power in the state.
Uddhav had recently suggested that there be a permit system for Biharis coming into Mumbai, while his cousin Raj Thackeray had threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
Digvijay Singh has retorted back, “Where were they (Thackerays) hiding during 26/11 attack. If they are not believing what their grandfather then what I can say.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation