Thackerays are from Bihar: Digvijay mad, says Uddhav
New Delhi/Mumbai: Hitting back hard on Digvijay Singh after he came up with ‘proof’ that the Thackeray clan originally belonged to Bihar, Shiv Sena working president Uddhav Thackeray said on Wednesday that the Congress leader has misrepresented facts as he doesn’t know Marathi.
Digvijay had yesterday brought to the fore the contents of a book written by Bal Thackeray’s father Prabodhankar Thackeray. As per Digvijay, page number 45 of the book has detailed the Thackeray family’s travel from Magadh in Bihar to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, then to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan, and then to Madhavgarh in Pune, Maharashtra.
Rubbishing the interpretation, Uddhav Thackeray said Digvijay couldn’t understand the actual context as he doesn’t know Marathi.
“My grandfather had talked about the society living all across India and just about our family,” he said, while also terming Digvijay as mad.
The book in question was published by the Maharashtra government when Shiv Sena-BJP combine was in power in the state.
Uddhav had recently suggested that there be a permit system for Biharis coming into Mumbai, while his cousin Raj Thackeray had threatened to label Biharis as infiltrators, following which Digvijay Singh had revealed that Raj himself belongs to Bihar and that he should not speak against Biharis.
Digvijay Singh has retorted back, “Where were they (Thackerays) hiding during 26/11 attack. If they are not believing what their grandfather then what I can say.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price