Thackeray`s statement on Biharis reflects mental bankruptcy: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday dubbed MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s threat to brand people from Bihar as infiltrators a reflection of mental bankruptcy, and said such statements can cost a lost in the big fight against terrorism.
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said a terrorist cannot be discriminated on the basis of his caste and religion.
"The country works under a federal structure and if a person suspicious belongs to a particular state then definitely that state must be taken into full confidence. This is a part of the legal procedure. But statements that if any action is taken then the people of that particular state will be targeted shows mental bankruptcy. Such statements can cause a loss in the big fight against terrorism," said Naqvi.
"There is nothing wrong in working in the political field, but one must not indulge in spreading hatred and chaos in the society," he added.
Reacting to a media report that Bihar chief secretary has written to Mumbai police commissioner voicing displeasure over the arrest of a youth for vandalising the martyr`s memorial during Azad Maidan protest on August 11, Thackeray said the former had threatened legal action against Mumbai police.
"The letter says Mumbai police has to get in touch with the Bihar government before picking up any person from their state. If Mumbai crime branch picks up people from their state without the knowledge of the Bihar police they would face legal action," said Thackeray.
"If the Bihar Government tries to become a hurdle in the way of a police investigation, then my party would dub every Bihari in Maharashtra as an infiltrator and would force them to leave the state. The person who desecrated the Amar Jawan memorial was arrested from Bihar. I would like to tell the Bihar chief secretary that because of your state, the crime rate (in Maharashtra) has gone up," he added.
Mumbai Crime Branch had earlier on Monday arrested Abdul Qadir Mohammed Younus Ansari from Sitamarhi in Bihar for vandalising the Amar Jawan Memorial near Azad Maidan during August 11 rioting at a protest called against alleged atrocities on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm