Thane: 4 get life term for murdering neighbour
Thane: A local court has sentenced four persons, including three members of a family, to life imprisonment for murdering their 45-year-old neighbour outside his residence in suburban Bhayandar on a trivial matter.
The court of Principal and Sessions Judge KK Sonawane on Friday found Pratibha Karalkar (39), her husband Prabhakar Karalkar (40), son-in-law Kiran Sakarpekar (35) and neighbour Kishore Budhya Dulsade (30) guilty under sections 302 (punishment for murder) ,143 (punishment for unlawful assembly) and 147 (punishment for rioting) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for stabbing to death Sahebrao Prajapati, a mason by preofession, outside his residence on April 5, 2006.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 to be paid collectively by the convicts, failing which they will have to spend another year behind bars.
The murder trial against another accused and son of Karalkar, who was minor at the time of the crime, is pending before a juvenile court.
According to prosecution, on the day of the murder, the pet of the deceased`s family had strayed onto the roof of Karalkar`s house following which one of the accused Pratibha Karalkar abused Sahebrao`s wife Miradevi and her children.
However, later in the night, the members of the Karalkar family, armed with knife and rods, barged into the house of Prajapatis and assaulted Sahebrao and his two sons, the prosecution said, adding Sahebrao died on his way to Bhagwati Hospital before admission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore