Thane: 4 get life term for murdering neighbour
Thane: A local court has sentenced four persons, including three members of a family, to life imprisonment for murdering their 45-year-old neighbour outside his residence in suburban Bhayandar on a trivial matter.
The court of Principal and Sessions Judge KK Sonawane on Friday found Pratibha Karalkar (39), her husband Prabhakar Karalkar (40), son-in-law Kiran Sakarpekar (35) and neighbour Kishore Budhya Dulsade (30) guilty under sections 302 (punishment for murder) ,143 (punishment for unlawful assembly) and 147 (punishment for rioting) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for stabbing to death Sahebrao Prajapati, a mason by preofession, outside his residence on April 5, 2006.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 to be paid collectively by the convicts, failing which they will have to spend another year behind bars.
The murder trial against another accused and son of Karalkar, who was minor at the time of the crime, is pending before a juvenile court.
According to prosecution, on the day of the murder, the pet of the deceased`s family had strayed onto the roof of Karalkar`s house following which one of the accused Pratibha Karalkar abused Sahebrao`s wife Miradevi and her children.
However, later in the night, the members of the Karalkar family, armed with knife and rods, barged into the house of Prajapatis and assaulted Sahebrao and his two sons, the prosecution said, adding Sahebrao died on his way to Bhagwati Hospital before admission.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today