Thane: 4 get life term for murdering neighbour
Thane: A local court has sentenced four persons, including three members of a family, to life imprisonment for murdering their 45-year-old neighbour outside his residence in suburban Bhayandar on a trivial matter.
The court of Principal and Sessions Judge KK Sonawane on Friday found Pratibha Karalkar (39), her husband Prabhakar Karalkar (40), son-in-law Kiran Sakarpekar (35) and neighbour Kishore Budhya Dulsade (30) guilty under sections 302 (punishment for murder) ,143 (punishment for unlawful assembly) and 147 (punishment for rioting) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for stabbing to death Sahebrao Prajapati, a mason by preofession, outside his residence on April 5, 2006.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 to be paid collectively by the convicts, failing which they will have to spend another year behind bars.
The murder trial against another accused and son of Karalkar, who was minor at the time of the crime, is pending before a juvenile court.
According to prosecution, on the day of the murder, the pet of the deceased`s family had strayed onto the roof of Karalkar`s house following which one of the accused Pratibha Karalkar abused Sahebrao`s wife Miradevi and her children.
However, later in the night, the members of the Karalkar family, armed with knife and rods, barged into the house of Prajapatis and assaulted Sahebrao and his two sons, the prosecution said, adding Sahebrao died on his way to Bhagwati Hospital before admission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'