Thane: 6 held in railway cables theft case
Thane: With the arrest of six persons the Thane police on Monday claimed to have solved the case of theft of optical fiber cables of the Indian Railways in March 2011.
Police said that in March, they received a complaint that the cables worth Rs one lakh, kept in Diva-Panvel railway line were stolen.
After investigations, Daighar police here finally nabbed six persons, involved in the theft. Police said that the stolen goods is being recovered from them.
The arrested include Surendra alias Raju Pramod Pande (32), Sagar Arvind Das (29), Mohammad Salim alias Hakla Fate Mohmad Ansari (24), Rafique Abdulla Ansari (26), Anwar Ibrahim Khan (26) and Rakesh Udayraj Benvanshi (22). They are from Daighar and Govandi in Mumbai.
Police said that the gang had indulged in similar cases of robbery in Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Lonavala and other places in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet