Thane: 6 held in railway cables theft case
Thane: With the arrest of six persons the Thane police on Monday claimed to have solved the case of theft of optical fiber cables of the Indian Railways in March 2011.
Police said that in March, they received a complaint that the cables worth Rs one lakh, kept in Diva-Panvel railway line were stolen.
After investigations, Daighar police here finally nabbed six persons, involved in the theft. Police said that the stolen goods is being recovered from them.
The arrested include Surendra alias Raju Pramod Pande (32), Sagar Arvind Das (29), Mohammad Salim alias Hakla Fate Mohmad Ansari (24), Rafique Abdulla Ansari (26), Anwar Ibrahim Khan (26) and Rakesh Udayraj Benvanshi (22). They are from Daighar and Govandi in Mumbai.
Police said that the gang had indulged in similar cases of robbery in Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Lonavala and other places in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon