Thane: 6 held in railway cables theft case
Thane: With the arrest of six persons the Thane police on Monday claimed to have solved the case of theft of optical fiber cables of the Indian Railways in March 2011.
Police said that in March, they received a complaint that the cables worth Rs one lakh, kept in Diva-Panvel railway line were stolen.
After investigations, Daighar police here finally nabbed six persons, involved in the theft. Police said that the stolen goods is being recovered from them.
The arrested include Surendra alias Raju Pramod Pande (32), Sagar Arvind Das (29), Mohammad Salim alias Hakla Fate Mohmad Ansari (24), Rafique Abdulla Ansari (26), Anwar Ibrahim Khan (26) and Rakesh Udayraj Benvanshi (22). They are from Daighar and Govandi in Mumbai.
Police said that the gang had indulged in similar cases of robbery in Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Lonavala and other places in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday