Thane: 6 held in railway cables theft case
Thane: With the arrest of six persons the Thane police on Monday claimed to have solved the case of theft of optical fiber cables of the Indian Railways in March 2011.
Police said that in March, they received a complaint that the cables worth Rs one lakh, kept in Diva-Panvel railway line were stolen.
After investigations, Daighar police here finally nabbed six persons, involved in the theft. Police said that the stolen goods is being recovered from them.
The arrested include Surendra alias Raju Pramod Pande (32), Sagar Arvind Das (29), Mohammad Salim alias Hakla Fate Mohmad Ansari (24), Rafique Abdulla Ansari (26), Anwar Ibrahim Khan (26) and Rakesh Udayraj Benvanshi (22). They are from Daighar and Govandi in Mumbai.
Police said that the gang had indulged in similar cases of robbery in Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Lonavala and other places in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users