Thane builder gets extortion threats
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt to nab four persons, who allegedly threatened a local builder and demanded Rs 50 lakh from him as "protection money".
On January 20, Bechar B Patil (36), a builder residing in Durga Parameshwari Apartment here was approached in his office by one Khanbhai, Bhawan and two others who threatened him of dire consequences if he failed to give them Rs 50 lakh as protection money.
But, Patil ignored the threat and did not report the matter to the police.
However, last Monday the builder received a threat call by them who again demanded money from him following which the matter was informed to police.
Kapurbawdi police have registered offences under various sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam