Thane builder gets extortion threats
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt to nab four persons, who allegedly threatened a local builder and demanded Rs 50 lakh from him as "protection money".
On January 20, Bechar B Patil (36), a builder residing in Durga Parameshwari Apartment here was approached in his office by one Khanbhai, Bhawan and two others who threatened him of dire consequences if he failed to give them Rs 50 lakh as protection money.
But, Patil ignored the threat and did not report the matter to the police.
However, last Monday the builder received a threat call by them who again demanded money from him following which the matter was informed to police.
Kapurbawdi police have registered offences under various sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda