Thane builder gets extortion threats
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt to nab four persons, who allegedly threatened a local builder and demanded Rs 50 lakh from him as "protection money".
On January 20, Bechar B Patil (36), a builder residing in Durga Parameshwari Apartment here was approached in his office by one Khanbhai, Bhawan and two others who threatened him of dire consequences if he failed to give them Rs 50 lakh as protection money.
But, Patil ignored the threat and did not report the matter to the police.
However, last Monday the builder received a threat call by them who again demanded money from him following which the matter was informed to police.
Kapurbawdi police have registered offences under various sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan