Thane builder gets extortion threats
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt to nab four persons, who allegedly threatened a local builder and demanded Rs 50 lakh from him as "protection money".
On January 20, Bechar B Patil (36), a builder residing in Durga Parameshwari Apartment here was approached in his office by one Khanbhai, Bhawan and two others who threatened him of dire consequences if he failed to give them Rs 50 lakh as protection money.
But, Patil ignored the threat and did not report the matter to the police.
However, last Monday the builder received a threat call by them who again demanded money from him following which the matter was informed to police.
Kapurbawdi police have registered offences under various sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read