Thane builder gets extortion threats
Thane: Police have launched a manhunt to nab four persons, who allegedly threatened a local builder and demanded Rs 50 lakh from him as "protection money".
On January 20, Bechar B Patil (36), a builder residing in Durga Parameshwari Apartment here was approached in his office by one Khanbhai, Bhawan and two others who threatened him of dire consequences if he failed to give them Rs 50 lakh as protection money.
But, Patil ignored the threat and did not report the matter to the police.
However, last Monday the builder received a threat call by them who again demanded money from him following which the matter was informed to police.
Kapurbawdi police have registered offences under various sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Here's what John Abraham has to say on former girlfriend Bipasha Basu's wedding!
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- Eating out, mobile bills, internet, travelling set to get costlier from June 1
- 7 hot tips to stay fit and healthy!
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed