Thane building collapse: NCP suspends local corporator
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday suspended its corporator from Mumbra, Hira Patil, who has been arrested following the building collapse in neighbouring Thane district which left 74 dead.
Party spokesman Nawab Malik said Patil had also been issued a show-cause notice.
"We want to hear him out before taking the next step," Malik said.
Patil is one of the nine people arrested after the illegally constructed building in Shil Phata area near Mumbra collapsed like a pack of cards on Thursday evening.
Thane police commissioner KP Raghuvanshi today said that Patil was accused of accepting bribe from the builder to facilitate the building`s construction without any permissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka