Thane building collapse: NCP suspends local corporator
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday suspended its corporator from Mumbra, Hira Patil, who has been arrested following the building collapse in neighbouring Thane district which left 74 dead.
Party spokesman Nawab Malik said Patil had also been issued a show-cause notice.
"We want to hear him out before taking the next step," Malik said.
Patil is one of the nine people arrested after the illegally constructed building in Shil Phata area near Mumbra collapsed like a pack of cards on Thursday evening.
Thane police commissioner KP Raghuvanshi today said that Patil was accused of accepting bribe from the builder to facilitate the building`s construction without any permissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof