Thane building collapse: NCP suspends local corporator
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday suspended its corporator from Mumbra, Hira Patil, who has been arrested following the building collapse in neighbouring Thane district which left 74 dead.
Party spokesman Nawab Malik said Patil had also been issued a show-cause notice.
"We want to hear him out before taking the next step," Malik said.
Patil is one of the nine people arrested after the illegally constructed building in Shil Phata area near Mumbra collapsed like a pack of cards on Thursday evening.
Thane police commissioner KP Raghuvanshi today said that Patil was accused of accepting bribe from the builder to facilitate the building`s construction without any permissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him