Thane building collapse: NCP suspends local corporator
Mumbai: NCP on Sunday suspended its corporator from Mumbra, Hira Patil, who has been arrested following the building collapse in neighbouring Thane district which left 74 dead.
Party spokesman Nawab Malik said Patil had also been issued a show-cause notice.
"We want to hear him out before taking the next step," Malik said.
Patil is one of the nine people arrested after the illegally constructed building in Shil Phata area near Mumbra collapsed like a pack of cards on Thursday evening.
Thane police commissioner KP Raghuvanshi today said that Patil was accused of accepting bribe from the builder to facilitate the building`s construction without any permissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town