Thane collapse: 2 kids to be handed over to orphanage
Thane: Failing to trace their parents, authorities here have decided to hand over, for now, two girls who were rescued from debris of the unauthorised building that collapsed in Shil Phata area here to an orphanage.
One of the girls is an 8 months old baby while the other is six years old and her name is Sandhya.
Their families could not be traced. At present lady police constables are looking after them, and it was decided to hand over them to Maa Niketan orphanage here for now, officials said.
Meanwhile, bodies of 11 labourers hailing from Malda in West Bengal, who were among the 74 persons killed in Thursday`s crash, were flown back to their home state last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday