Thane Commissioner says he could not do all he wanted
Thane: Listing various projects which were completed during his tenure so far, Thane Municipal Commissioner RA Rajeev on Tuesday said that there were many things which he had planned but could not do due to model code of conduct in force for the civic elections and political uncertainty.
In a message to the citizens, he said that development of the city suffered as many decisions could not be taken by the statutory bodies in the Corporation for which he was helpless.
"I have been able to deliver many important projects in the City in the last two and a half year which resulted in reducing environmental pollution and traffic congestion to a larger extent," he said in the message.
He said he could not do much in the last one year due to model code of conduct and political uncertainty due to which the whole decision making process was affected and even this year`s budget could get approved only in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened