Thane court rejects cop`s bail plea in murder case
Thane: The bail plea of policeman, arrested
in connection with the murder of an 87-year-old man here, was
dismissed by a local court.
Hearing the plea of accused Ravi Parab, Additional
Sessions Judge G W Awsarmol, concluded that the policeman who
had brutally killed the senior citizen over a land dispute
deserved no bail.
The murder took place on April 9 this year when the
policeman attached to the Anti Extortion cell of Thane police
smashed to death Waman Madvi, a resident of Thane`s Naupada
area while he had gone to his plot in the locality.
Madvis have huge land property in the city and the
polilceman allegedly had shown interest in the plot, where he
allegedly killed Madvi after a dispute.
Madvi was a bachelor and lived with his nephew Vikas
at Madhvi House on Ram Maruti Road.
It was also alledged that the policeman was drunk at
the time of the incident. He has been booked under section 302
of the IPC.
NH Sejpal appeared for the policeman while Arjun Hinge,
Additional PP appeared for the state and Sailesh Sadekar,
appeared for the Madvis.
- Good news! Datsun redi-Go pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- Bangladesh PM a jihadi sympathizer, says Taslima Nasreen after editor hacked to death
- Anurag Thakur presents private member bill on sports in Lok Sabha, seeks to eliminate doping practices, match fixing
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy