Thane court rejects plea of accused in Lahoria murder case
Thane: A Thane court has rejected the application for police protection sought by one of the accused in the infamous Lahoria murder case.
The accused Suresh Bijlani made an application in the Thane court seeking police protection and when the case came up for hearing before the Thane Additional Sessions Judge, Judge K R Warrier, rejected the application.
On Thursday, the Thane sessions court had issued non-bailable warrants against builder Suresh Bijlani, his brother Mahesh and architect Anuragh Garg in the Sunil Lahoria murder case. The court had also given the police 15 days to start the process of attaching their properties.
Suresh and Anuragh were the main conspirators while Mahesh had aided and abetted in the crime, the police said.
The three accused, who have been evading arrest for almost five months now, possess several movable and immovable properties.
Last month, the city crime branch moved the Thane court seeking permission to start the process of attaching their properties as they remained unavailable despite the Supreme Court directing Suresh to surrender immediately.
The Supreme Court had set aside the Madhya Pradesh (Indore) High Court`s transit bail of 60 days, saying that the order was bad in law, after Bijlani had sought transit bail claiming that his father`s was suffering from cancer and he needed to shift him to Mumbai.
The police said that Bijlani and Garg are very much in Navi Mumbai.
Sunil Lahoria was shot dead on February 16 outside his Navi Mumbai
office, in Sector 28 of Vashi, after which gunmen Venkatesh Shettiar and Wajid Qureshi, former encounter specialist Emmanuel Amolik, as well as five others including developer Sumit Bacchewar were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared