Thane crime branch officer held for accepting bribe
Thane: A police officer of the Thane Crime Branch was caught red-handed while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant, an ACB official said today.
Assistant police inspector Rajeev Shejwal had demanded Rs three lakh from mandap contractor Kailash Awghade of Panchpakhadi area for not registering a cheating case against him for duping people under the pretext of giving jobs, Thane ACB`s official spokesman said.
The bribe amount was later settled at Rs one lakh after a bargain.
On Monday, the contractor complained about the police officer to the Anti-Corruption Bureau following which they laid a trap and caught him at a hotel last evening while he was allegedly accepting the bribe.
Shejwal was subsequently arrested and has been booked under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, the ACB said.
Further investigation was on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan