Thane dam`s construction quality to be probed
Thane: The Khudkhud dam in the Jawhar taluka
of the district, that was built at a cost of several crore rupees two years, has developed major cracks, causing leakages.
These cracks came to light during the site visit by State
for Minister of State for Tribal Development Rajendra Gavit
and Additional Chief Secretary (Relief and Rehabilitation) J S
Questioning the quality of work that went into the
construction of the dam, the minister has ordered an enquiry
The minister also discussed issues pertaining to the
project-affected people in tribal areas.
"Crores of rupees have gone into drain in the
construction of these damns and hundreds of villagers, who
have given their lands for the project are in a fix now," he
Over 85 per cent of the project affected people due to
the irrigation projects in the district are still far from
rehabilitation, the minister was informed.
Gavit and Saharia moved round Girnoli of Palghar,
Talavali of Vikramgadh, Chambarseth and Lendhi Khadkhad of
Jawhar and had a dialogue with the villagers of these villages
and the project affected and got the feedback about the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves