Thane: Doctor booked for raping woman in hospital
Thane: A doctor allegedly raped a young woman while she was undergoing treatment at his hospital in Thane, police said on Friday.
Dr William Jacob admitted the 24-year-old victim at his private hospital in Diva township of Thane district in April following an illness, Mumbra police station sub-inspector Laxman B Rathod said.
According to the complaint lodged by the woman, on April 24, while she was in the hospital, the doctor administered her saline mixed with sedatives due to which she fell unconscious following which the accused raped her.
Based on her complaint, the Mumbra police registered an offence late on Thursday night against the doctor under sections 376 (rape), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison, etc, with intent to commit and offence) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) of the IPC and launched a search to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February