Thane: Doctor booked for raping woman in hospital
Thane: A doctor allegedly raped a young woman while she was undergoing treatment at his hospital in Thane, police said on Friday.
Dr William Jacob admitted the 24-year-old victim at his private hospital in Diva township of Thane district in April following an illness, Mumbra police station sub-inspector Laxman B Rathod said.
According to the complaint lodged by the woman, on April 24, while she was in the hospital, the doctor administered her saline mixed with sedatives due to which she fell unconscious following which the accused raped her.
Based on her complaint, the Mumbra police registered an offence late on Thursday night against the doctor under sections 376 (rape), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison, etc, with intent to commit and offence) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) of the IPC and launched a search to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen