Thane: Doctor booked for raping woman in hospital
Thane: A doctor allegedly raped a young woman while she was undergoing treatment at his hospital in Thane, police said on Friday.
Dr William Jacob admitted the 24-year-old victim at his private hospital in Diva township of Thane district in April following an illness, Mumbra police station sub-inspector Laxman B Rathod said.
According to the complaint lodged by the woman, on April 24, while she was in the hospital, the doctor administered her saline mixed with sedatives due to which she fell unconscious following which the accused raped her.
Based on her complaint, the Mumbra police registered an offence late on Thursday night against the doctor under sections 376 (rape), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison, etc, with intent to commit and offence) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) of the IPC and launched a search to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah