Thane: Girl jumps out of auto to foil molestation bid
Thane: A teenaged girl jumped out of a moving autorickshaw to save herself from the clutches of three men, who allegedly tried to molest and kidnap her in Mumbra township of neighbouring Thane district, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl boarded an autorickshaw on a shared basis along with two men in Mumbra yesterday morning.
However, when she realised that the autorickshaw driver was taking the vehicle on a different route, she raised an alarm, police sub-inspector Chihvad Shetty said.
But, the men sitting beside her allegedly tried to molest her in the moving vehicle and assaulted her.
However, the girl managed to jump out from the moving vehicle to save herself and later went to Mumbra police station and filed a complaint against three unidentified persons, including the autorickshaw driver, Shetty said.
Police have registered an offence under sections 366 (abduction), 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 323 of the IPC and have launched a search for the accused.
A similar incident was reported in Bihar`s Bhojpur district yesterday where a woman jumped from a speeding express train to escape from molesters, who were identified as army jawans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- LIVE Brexit shock: Markets pare early losses; Sensex still down over 700 points
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash
- Oh boy! Some cool tips for men's styling