Thane girls set to learn martial art for self-defe
Thane: In a bid to make young girls efficient in self-defence in the backdrop of cases of crimes against women on a rise, a Thane-based organisation has come forward to train girls in kickboxing.
In this regard, Kickboxing Association of Thane district, affiliated to the Kickboxing Federation of Maharashtra, launched a free training session for the girls of New Girls School in the city last evening.
Around 300 girls of various age groups from the school participated in the inaugural session after which about 40 girls registered their names for undertaking comprehensive training in the martial art which would be imparted free of cost, kickboxing association president Rajesh More said.
"We have selected the school to make the girls strong mentally and physically. For this activity New English Girls School has given us good response and also provided one hour from their daily schedule for the training," he said.
During the demonstration, girls were shown how they can protect and rescue themselves from various attacks.
Based on the response received from the school, the association will decide upon carrying out the training at other places as well, More added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley