Thane man kills wife, cuts body into three pieces
Thane (Maha): A 30-year-old woman was murdered allegedly by her husband who chopped her body into three pieces inside their flat in Bhayander in the district.
The murder took place in the high-profile Golden Nest apartment in Bhayander yesterday and the accused - Girish Pote (29) -- was arrested at night, Thane Rural Police said today.
Pote and his wife Madhuwanti used to have frequent quarrels over several issues, including financial matters, API Satish Shivarkar of the Navghar police station said.
On Tuesday, after a heated argument with his wife, the accused stabbed her and then cut her body into three pieces inside their flat.
The cousin of the accused and the residents in the apartment alerted the police, who rushed to the spot and recovered the severed body, which was sent for post-mortem.
Based on a complaint filed by his cousin, a case was filed against Girish and he was later arrested, police added.
The accused has been charged under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (destruction of evidence), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list