Thane man kills wife, cuts body into three pieces
Thane (Maha): A 30-year-old woman was murdered allegedly by her husband who chopped her body into three pieces inside their flat in Bhayander in the district.
The murder took place in the high-profile Golden Nest apartment in Bhayander yesterday and the accused - Girish Pote (29) -- was arrested at night, Thane Rural Police said today.
Pote and his wife Madhuwanti used to have frequent quarrels over several issues, including financial matters, API Satish Shivarkar of the Navghar police station said.
On Tuesday, after a heated argument with his wife, the accused stabbed her and then cut her body into three pieces inside their flat.
The cousin of the accused and the residents in the apartment alerted the police, who rushed to the spot and recovered the severed body, which was sent for post-mortem.
Based on a complaint filed by his cousin, a case was filed against Girish and he was later arrested, police added.
The accused has been charged under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (destruction of evidence), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA