Thane mayor`s election still open: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: NCP leader and Maharashtra Deputy
Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Tuesday said that NCP will get the
Mayor`s post in Pune Municipal Corporation while ally Congress
will get the Deputy Mayor`s post.
Elections to nine municipal corporations in Maharashtra
were held last month.
About the situation in Thane corporation, he said no
party had clear majority, hence all were trying to muster up
numbers. Congress and NCP were in the race to get the
Mayor/Deputy Mayor posts in Thane, he added.
"Shiv Sena-BJP are distressed because they have not got a
majority, therefore they are making allegations," Pawar said,
talking about the charge that an NCP leader was behind the
alleged abduction of a BJP corporator in Thane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok