Thane mayor`s election still open: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: NCP leader and Maharashtra Deputy
Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Tuesday said that NCP will get the
Mayor`s post in Pune Municipal Corporation while ally Congress
will get the Deputy Mayor`s post.
Elections to nine municipal corporations in Maharashtra
were held last month.
About the situation in Thane corporation, he said no
party had clear majority, hence all were trying to muster up
numbers. Congress and NCP were in the race to get the
Mayor/Deputy Mayor posts in Thane, he added.
"Shiv Sena-BJP are distressed because they have not got a
majority, therefore they are making allegations," Pawar said,
talking about the charge that an NCP leader was behind the
alleged abduction of a BJP corporator in Thane.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference