Thane MNS corporator among 7 arrested for dacoity
Thane: Seven persons, including the an MNS
Corporator from Dombivali have been arrested by Thane police
on the charges of dacoity, police said on Tuesday. A local court
has remanded them to four days of police custody.
Police said that the corporator Manik Mhatre, who already
has a number of criminal cases, including murder and attempt
to murder, registered against him in various police stations.
According to police, Mhatre had gone to Malshej ghat with
a group of persons in two buses. The buses were parked on a
road Near village Eranjad of Badlapur, due to which, other
vehicles were not able to get across.
Two motorcyclists requested the buses to be moved, so
that they could go to the other side of the road. However,
Mhatre and his men got involved in a verbal conflict with the
motorcyclists, who were later beaten up and their gold chains
snatched from them, police said.
The motorcyclists lodged a complaint with the police, who
immediately launched a manhunt for the accused. They were
spotted at Ashwini Dhabha on the Kalyan-Badlapur road. They
have been arrested on the charges of dacoity the police at
Police Inspector Crime of the police station Suresh K
Mohite is carrying out the further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’