Thane MNS corporator among 7 arrested for dacoity
Thane: Seven persons, including the an MNS
Corporator from Dombivali have been arrested by Thane police
on the charges of dacoity, police said on Tuesday. A local court
has remanded them to four days of police custody.
Police said that the corporator Manik Mhatre, who already
has a number of criminal cases, including murder and attempt
to murder, registered against him in various police stations.
According to police, Mhatre had gone to Malshej ghat with
a group of persons in two buses. The buses were parked on a
road Near village Eranjad of Badlapur, due to which, other
vehicles were not able to get across.
Two motorcyclists requested the buses to be moved, so
that they could go to the other side of the road. However,
Mhatre and his men got involved in a verbal conflict with the
motorcyclists, who were later beaten up and their gold chains
snatched from them, police said.
The motorcyclists lodged a complaint with the police, who
immediately launched a manhunt for the accused. They were
spotted at Ashwini Dhabha on the Kalyan-Badlapur road. They
have been arrested on the charges of dacoity the police at
Police Inspector Crime of the police station Suresh K
Mohite is carrying out the further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported