Thane: NCP leader, ex-Mayor attacks municipal offi
Thane: Kalwa police here on Thursday filed a case against former Thane Mayor and NCP leader Manohar Rama Salvi for beating up an Assistant Municipal Commissioner.
The Thane Municipal Corporation said in a late evening press release that Salvi bashed up Assistant Commissioner Dhanashyam Thorat, who was carrying out a demolition drive.
Thorat was seriously injured and shifted to Chhatrapati Shivaji Civic Hospital.
A few days ago, another officer, Assistant Commissioner Ashok Burpulle, had been beaten up by a mob during a demolition drive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog