Thane: Plan panel member unhappy with poor development of tribals
Thane: Planning Commission member Dr Narendra Jadhav has criticised the Thane District Planning Development Committee (DPDC) for failing to improve the lives of lakhs of tribals in the district.
The DPDC of Thane has done nothing for the tribals. It has not sent any proposal for consideration of the Planning Commission for implementation, Jadhav regretted while addressing a meeting of government officials, NGOs, political activists and others here last evening.
The state Planning Board has also equally failed in its duties to bring out any proposal for tribals in Thane district, he said.
It is unfortunate that even after so many years, the tribals could not come up despite the fact that the district is neighbouring Mumbai, he said.
Jadhav was on a tour of the tribal talukas of the to take stock of the present situation in the district and measures to be taken to improve their life.
"It is a serious thing that the tribals have been left to their fate by the administration. I will take up this issue in my report," he said.
Jadhav visited Wada, Vikramgadh, Dahanu, Mokhada and Jawhar and concluded that nothing worth mentioning had been done in these talukas.
"I am totally annoyed and dissatisfied over the manner in which the things are going on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi