Thane police to call up people to update them on complaints
Thane: In a new initiative to instill confidence among people, Thane police have decided to call up complainants and update them about the status of their complaints.
In this regard, a `mega camp` will be held tomorrow at police stations within limits of Thane Commissionerate to look into individual complaints.
Till now, the complainants had to call up the police stations to find out status of their complaints. But hence forth the police will give them a call to update them, Thane Police Commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi today said.
Under the initiative, the police will themselves call up the complainants and ask them to visit the police stations on the day of the camp to know the status of their complaints, Raghuvanshi said.
He expressed confidence that the move would help instill confidence among the members of the society that the police was taking care of them and performing its duties.
"By adopting such measures, we are sure that the confidence of the citizens in the police would increase and both together can make a safe society to live in," he said.
However, he also pointed out that with a population of over 70 lakhs within the Commissionerate limits, which has as many as five zones, and a strength of 10,000 police personnel, it was a difficult task for them to ensure proper policing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok