Thane police to call up people to update them on complaints
Thane: In a new initiative to instill confidence among people, Thane police have decided to call up complainants and update them about the status of their complaints.
In this regard, a `mega camp` will be held tomorrow at police stations within limits of Thane Commissionerate to look into individual complaints.
Till now, the complainants had to call up the police stations to find out status of their complaints. But hence forth the police will give them a call to update them, Thane Police Commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi today said.
Under the initiative, the police will themselves call up the complainants and ask them to visit the police stations on the day of the camp to know the status of their complaints, Raghuvanshi said.
He expressed confidence that the move would help instill confidence among the members of the society that the police was taking care of them and performing its duties.
"By adopting such measures, we are sure that the confidence of the citizens in the police would increase and both together can make a safe society to live in," he said.
However, he also pointed out that with a population of over 70 lakhs within the Commissionerate limits, which has as many as five zones, and a strength of 10,000 police personnel, it was a difficult task for them to ensure proper policing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript