Thane: Public prosecutor held for accepting bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor in
neighbouring Raigadh district was Thursday arrested by the ACB for accepting a bribe of Rs 4000, from an accused acquitted by the court.
Thane Unit ACB Chief, Superintendent of Police Deepak
Sakore said today that Poorva Prashant Lokhande, who was
working as the APP in the Panvel court was trapped while
accepting the money from complainant Jagannath Patil of
Sakore said that Patil and his family members were tried in a case of physical and mental torture under section 498-A, filed by his sister-in-law with the Taloja police station.
However after the trial, the court of First Class
Judicial Magistrate acquitted all the accused in the case.
Assistant Public Prosecutor Lokhande allegedly demanded a
sum of Rs 5000 from Patil for not filing an appeal on behalf
of the state in the case.
The demand was made on March 22, after which Patil filed
a complaint with the Navi Mumbai unit of the ACB.
Officials of the Navi Mumbai Unit of the ACB laid a trap
today in Panvel court premises and trapped the APP while
accepting Rs 4000 from the complainant.
An offence has been registered against the APP under the
prevention of corruption act with the Panvel police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know