Thane: Public prosecutor held for accepting bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor in
neighbouring Raigadh district was Thursday arrested by the ACB for accepting a bribe of Rs 4000, from an accused acquitted by the court.
Thane Unit ACB Chief, Superintendent of Police Deepak
Sakore said today that Poorva Prashant Lokhande, who was
working as the APP in the Panvel court was trapped while
accepting the money from complainant Jagannath Patil of
Sakore said that Patil and his family members were tried in a case of physical and mental torture under section 498-A, filed by his sister-in-law with the Taloja police station.
However after the trial, the court of First Class
Judicial Magistrate acquitted all the accused in the case.
Assistant Public Prosecutor Lokhande allegedly demanded a
sum of Rs 5000 from Patil for not filing an appeal on behalf
of the state in the case.
The demand was made on March 22, after which Patil filed
a complaint with the Navi Mumbai unit of the ACB.
Officials of the Navi Mumbai Unit of the ACB laid a trap
today in Panvel court premises and trapped the APP while
accepting Rs 4000 from the complainant.
An offence has been registered against the APP under the
prevention of corruption act with the Panvel police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers