Thane Sena leader moves proposal to install Bal Thackeray`s statue
Thane: Shiv Sena leader and former mayor Ashok Vaity on Monday moved a proposal to install a life-size statue of Balasaheb Thackeray in front of the Thane Municipal Corporation headquarters.
Vaity placed the proposal at the general body meeting of the Corporation stating that it would be a befitting tribute to the Sena chief.
The proposal was seconded by the Shiv Sena leader Santosh Wadavale and supported by Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar, Leader of the House Naresh Mhaske and Leader of the Opposition Hanumant Jagdale among others.
Vaity said that TMC was the first civic body where the Sena came to power in the 70s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi