Thane Sena leader moves proposal to install Bal Thackeray`s statue
Thane: Shiv Sena leader and former mayor Ashok Vaity on Monday moved a proposal to install a life-size statue of Balasaheb Thackeray in front of the Thane Municipal Corporation headquarters.
Vaity placed the proposal at the general body meeting of the Corporation stating that it would be a befitting tribute to the Sena chief.
The proposal was seconded by the Shiv Sena leader Santosh Wadavale and supported by Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar, Leader of the House Naresh Mhaske and Leader of the Opposition Hanumant Jagdale among others.
Vaity said that TMC was the first civic body where the Sena came to power in the 70s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket