Thane tanker tragedy: Death toll rises to ten
Thane: With three more persons succumbing to injuries on Sunday, the death toll in the fuel tanker mishap in Dahanu in the district has gone up to 10.
Fourteen-year-old Anjali Bobha and Sunil Umbarsada, 30, who had been admitted to Thane Civil Hospital, succumbed to injuries this morning, police said, adding the third deceased was yet to be identified.
Anjali had suffered 90 per cent burns in the incident, they said.
The tanker, said to be carrying petrol, had gone up in flames after overturning and exploding near Chaori check-post on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway at around 3 PM on Saturday. Seven people were charred to death on the spot, while thirteen others were injured.
A policeman, who saved the lives of many people in the incident, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Police constable Bhushan S Shanke, 33, attached to the Thane district rural police, who was at the site when the incident happened, sprung into action and saved the lives of many people around.
"However, he himself suffered burn injuries in the act and is now being treated at the National Burns Hospital at Airoli in Navi Mumbai," Inspector of the local crime branch (LCB) of Thane police, Kishore Khairnar, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand