Thane: Two held for carrying fake currency notes
Thane: Two persons were arrested and counterfeit notes worth over Rs 5 lakh seized from them, police said Monday.
PI A Nirmal of the Kalyan railway police station said that the police found the movement of three persons suspicious who had alighted from the Patna-Kurla Rajendra Nagar Express at Kalyan station last night. Even as police approached them, one person escaped while the other two were nabbed.
Upon searching their bags, police found bundles of fake currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations worth Rs 5.48 lakh.
The two gave their names as Saidul Ali Saifad Ali Saifi (24) from Jharkhand and Rakin Ali Yard Ali Saifi (32) from West Bengal.
The duo has been booked under sections 489(a) and 489 (C) of the IPC for possessing counterfeit notes and hunt is on to arrest the third person, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living