Thane: Two held for carrying fake currency notes
Thane: Two persons were arrested and counterfeit notes worth over Rs 5 lakh seized from them, police said Monday.
PI A Nirmal of the Kalyan railway police station said that the police found the movement of three persons suspicious who had alighted from the Patna-Kurla Rajendra Nagar Express at Kalyan station last night. Even as police approached them, one person escaped while the other two were nabbed.
Upon searching their bags, police found bundles of fake currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations worth Rs 5.48 lakh.
The two gave their names as Saidul Ali Saifad Ali Saifi (24) from Jharkhand and Rakin Ali Yard Ali Saifi (32) from West Bengal.
The duo has been booked under sections 489(a) and 489 (C) of the IPC for possessing counterfeit notes and hunt is on to arrest the third person, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes