Thane: Two held for carrying fake currency notes
Thane: Two persons were arrested and counterfeit notes worth over Rs 5 lakh seized from them, police said Monday.
PI A Nirmal of the Kalyan railway police station said that the police found the movement of three persons suspicious who had alighted from the Patna-Kurla Rajendra Nagar Express at Kalyan station last night. Even as police approached them, one person escaped while the other two were nabbed.
Upon searching their bags, police found bundles of fake currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations worth Rs 5.48 lakh.
The two gave their names as Saidul Ali Saifad Ali Saifi (24) from Jharkhand and Rakin Ali Yard Ali Saifi (32) from West Bengal.
The duo has been booked under sections 489(a) and 489 (C) of the IPC for possessing counterfeit notes and hunt is on to arrest the third person, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far