Thane: Two held for carrying fake currency notes
Thane: Two persons were arrested and counterfeit notes worth over Rs 5 lakh seized from them, police said Monday.
PI A Nirmal of the Kalyan railway police station said that the police found the movement of three persons suspicious who had alighted from the Patna-Kurla Rajendra Nagar Express at Kalyan station last night. Even as police approached them, one person escaped while the other two were nabbed.
Upon searching their bags, police found bundles of fake currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations worth Rs 5.48 lakh.
The two gave their names as Saidul Ali Saifad Ali Saifi (24) from Jharkhand and Rakin Ali Yard Ali Saifi (32) from West Bengal.
The duo has been booked under sections 489(a) and 489 (C) of the IPC for possessing counterfeit notes and hunt is on to arrest the third person, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth