Thane villager beheaded over land dispute
Thane: A 30-year-old man from Nalla Sopara here was allegedly beheaded by a group of persons including two women over a land dispute, Thane rural police said on Friday.
The incident took place shortly before night on Wednesday
when victim Praemchand Kanojia was sleeping in the courtyard
of his house. He was attacked by the assailants in his neck
with a sharp weapon, they said.
Nalla Sopara police have arrested five persons including
two couples in connection with the gruesome incident which
rocked the Borshet Pada locality of the township.
All the arrested Narayan K Kadu, Laxmi Narayan Kadu,
Maju Krishna Rathod, Krishna Rathod and Vijay Ramchandra
Kadu have been charged under sections 302, 143,147,148,149
and 504 of the IPC.
Senior Police Inspector Mukund Mahajan said the accused
and the complainant Datta V Kadu (35) had a long standing
dispute over the ownership rights of some forest land plots.
The accused had a day before bashed up the complainant as
they were annoyed on a police complaint being filed by him. A
day later, the group reached Kadu`s house where Kanojia was
killed during the attack. Police have launched a manhunt for the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor