Thane youth jailed for abduction of teenage girl
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was sentenced to 18-month rigorous imprisonment by a local court after he was found guilty of kidnapping a teenage girl and taking her to Delhi in 2011.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge A A Sayeed convicted Ravi Kanchan Agrasen on Thursday after he allegedly abducted the minor, a tenth grade student whom he befriended on an earlier trip to Delhi after which they exchanged numbers and kept in regular touch.
According to prosecution, 0n July 9, 2011, the accused wooed the girl and took her to Mumbai Central, from where they boarded a train to Delhi.
The girl was kept at his parent`s place in the national capital and when a missing complaint was lodged and the victim was traced to Delhi, both returned to Mumbai on July 20 fearing arrest.
The police located the duo in suburban Goregaon and arrested the youth who was later booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC, the court was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!