Thane youth jailed for abduction of teenage girl
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was sentenced to 18-month rigorous imprisonment by a local court after he was found guilty of kidnapping a teenage girl and taking her to Delhi in 2011.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge A A Sayeed convicted Ravi Kanchan Agrasen on Thursday after he allegedly abducted the minor, a tenth grade student whom he befriended on an earlier trip to Delhi after which they exchanged numbers and kept in regular touch.
According to prosecution, 0n July 9, 2011, the accused wooed the girl and took her to Mumbai Central, from where they boarded a train to Delhi.
The girl was kept at his parent`s place in the national capital and when a missing complaint was lodged and the victim was traced to Delhi, both returned to Mumbai on July 20 fearing arrest.
The police located the duo in suburban Goregaon and arrested the youth who was later booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC, the court was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media