Thane youth jailed for abduction of teenage girl
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was sentenced to 18-month rigorous imprisonment by a local court after he was found guilty of kidnapping a teenage girl and taking her to Delhi in 2011.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge A A Sayeed convicted Ravi Kanchan Agrasen on Thursday after he allegedly abducted the minor, a tenth grade student whom he befriended on an earlier trip to Delhi after which they exchanged numbers and kept in regular touch.
According to prosecution, 0n July 9, 2011, the accused wooed the girl and took her to Mumbai Central, from where they boarded a train to Delhi.
The girl was kept at his parent`s place in the national capital and when a missing complaint was lodged and the victim was traced to Delhi, both returned to Mumbai on July 20 fearing arrest.
The police located the duo in suburban Goregaon and arrested the youth who was later booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC, the court was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic