Thane youth jailed for abduction of teenage girl
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was sentenced to 18-month rigorous imprisonment by a local court after he was found guilty of kidnapping a teenage girl and taking her to Delhi in 2011.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge A A Sayeed convicted Ravi Kanchan Agrasen on Thursday after he allegedly abducted the minor, a tenth grade student whom he befriended on an earlier trip to Delhi after which they exchanged numbers and kept in regular touch.
According to prosecution, 0n July 9, 2011, the accused wooed the girl and took her to Mumbai Central, from where they boarded a train to Delhi.
The girl was kept at his parent`s place in the national capital and when a missing complaint was lodged and the victim was traced to Delhi, both returned to Mumbai on July 20 fearing arrest.
The police located the duo in suburban Goregaon and arrested the youth who was later booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC, the court was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read