Thane youth jailed for abduction of teenage girl
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was sentenced to 18-month rigorous imprisonment by a local court after he was found guilty of kidnapping a teenage girl and taking her to Delhi in 2011.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge AA Sayeed convicted Ravi Kanchan Agrasen on Thursday after he allegedly abducted the minor, a tenth grade student whom he befriended on an earlier trip to Delhi after which they exchanged numbers and kept in regular touch.
According to prosecution, 0n July 9, 2011, the accused wooed the girl and took her to Mumbai Central, from where they boarded a train to Delhi.
The girl was kept at his parent`s place in the national capital and when a missing complaint was lodged and the victim was traced to Delhi, both returned to Mumbai on July 20 fearing arrest.
The police located the duo in suburban Goregaon and arrested the youth who was later booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC, the court was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price