Theft at Thane businessman`s house
Thane: Cash and valuables worth Rs 20 lakh were allegedly stolen from a cloth merchant`s house in Ulhasnagar town here, police said on Tuesday.
The theft at Narayan N Rora`s house came to light when the family came back last night from Kumbh and a pilgrimage to Vrindavan, API SG Khandhare of Hill Line Police Station said.
They had left for a vacation on January 24. On return, the house was found open and ransacked with gold ornaments and cash stolen, he said.
Police have registered an offence under Sections 454, 457 and 380 of the IPC in connection with the theft.
A manhunt has been launched for the burglars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef