There is a conspiracy to malign my image: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Senior NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar on Friday said there was "a conspiracy to malign his image"; and he would not withdraw his resignation.
He was speaking at the ongoing meeting of NCP legislators at Vidhan Bhawan here, attended by party chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, to resolve the crisis created by the surprise resignation.
"I am firm on my stand. I will not withdraw the resignation," Ajit was quoted as saying by the party sources present at the meeting.
Amid speculation that his resignation was the indicator of rift between him and Sharad Pawar, Ajit said that Sharad Pawar was like "God" to him, and he would abide by the NCP supremo`s decision, sources added.
Ajit had said earlier that he was resigning in the wake of allegations of corruption in the irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown