There is a conspiracy to malign my image: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Senior NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar on Friday said there was "a conspiracy to malign his image"; and he would not withdraw his resignation.
He was speaking at the ongoing meeting of NCP legislators at Vidhan Bhawan here, attended by party chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, to resolve the crisis created by the surprise resignation.
"I am firm on my stand. I will not withdraw the resignation," Ajit was quoted as saying by the party sources present at the meeting.
Amid speculation that his resignation was the indicator of rift between him and Sharad Pawar, Ajit said that Sharad Pawar was like "God" to him, and he would abide by the NCP supremo`s decision, sources added.
Ajit had said earlier that he was resigning in the wake of allegations of corruption in the irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them