There is a conspiracy to malign my image: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Senior NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar on Friday said there was "a conspiracy to malign his image"; and he would not withdraw his resignation.
He was speaking at the ongoing meeting of NCP legislators at Vidhan Bhawan here, attended by party chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, to resolve the crisis created by the surprise resignation.
"I am firm on my stand. I will not withdraw the resignation," Ajit was quoted as saying by the party sources present at the meeting.
Amid speculation that his resignation was the indicator of rift between him and Sharad Pawar, Ajit said that Sharad Pawar was like "God" to him, and he would abide by the NCP supremo`s decision, sources added.
Ajit had said earlier that he was resigning in the wake of allegations of corruption in the irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...