There is a conspiracy to malign my image: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Senior NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar on Friday said there was "a conspiracy to malign his image"; and he would not withdraw his resignation.
He was speaking at the ongoing meeting of NCP legislators at Vidhan Bhawan here, attended by party chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, to resolve the crisis created by the surprise resignation.
"I am firm on my stand. I will not withdraw the resignation," Ajit was quoted as saying by the party sources present at the meeting.
Amid speculation that his resignation was the indicator of rift between him and Sharad Pawar, Ajit said that Sharad Pawar was like "God" to him, and he would abide by the NCP supremo`s decision, sources added.
Ajit had said earlier that he was resigning in the wake of allegations of corruption in the irrigation projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre