‘There won`t be regional imbalance in development works’
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan today assured the assembly that his government would
strive to ensure that there is no regional imbalance in
development works and maximum financial assistance is provided
to all drought prone areas of the state.
Making a statement in the lower House, Chavan said that
his endeavour will be to get maximum Central funds. "We have
submitted an annual plan of Rs 33,000 crore for clearance and
besides that we are pursuing for additional funds from the
Centre," he said.
Earlier, raising a point of order, PWP member
Ganpatrao Deshmukh said drought prone areas especially in
Western Maharashtra are not getting priority as development
funds are moved to Vidarbha and other regions under the
statutory development boards.
This was countered by Devendra Phadanvis (BJP) saying
that regions like Vidarbha do not wish that drought prone
areas of Western Maharashtra be neglected but at the same time
the backlog of backward regions of Vidarbha also has to
be?removed. The arguments and counter arguments resulted in
After the House re-assembled, Chavan sought to assuage
the feelings of the members and said his government would
ensure that there is no regional imbalance in development
works and all drought prone areas get maximum help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’