Thought Raj will carry forward my cartoonist legacy: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Monday said he thought nephew Raj Thackeray would carry forward his legacy as a cartoonist.
Asked why no one could inherit his legacy as a cartoonist, Thackeray said, "Who will take it forward? I thought Raja (his pet name for nephew Raj Thackeray) will carry it forward."
Thackeray expressed these sentiments in the last part of his marathon interview, published in party mouthpiece "Saamana" here today.
Among the faces which could be called a cartoonist`s delight are Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Rahul Gandhi, Prithviraj Chavan, Sharad Pawar and LK Advani, Thackeray said.
The 86-year old Sena chief`s son Uddhav, who is party executive president, is an avid photographer and is compiling a book on his cartoons.
Taking a swipe at media, Thackeray said, "Editors have become saleable and have become "chamchas" (sycophants) of political parties, which can be seen from their writing."
On his not occupying any post in government, Thackeray said, "I stayed out of power. I could have become anything. I could have been part of the ministries in Maharashtra and Delhi. I stayed away from the chair (seat of power). That is my asset."
Asked what message he wanted to convey to his followers, Thackeray said, "keep the loyalties intact. Do you change your parents? Then don`t change your party."
Referring to the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan, the Sena chief said, "If Islam is to be countered, Hindus will have to unite."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH