Three arrested for jeweller brothers` murder in Thane
Thane: Three persons, including two girls, have been arrested in connection with the last week`s murder of two brothers, who ran a jewellery shop at Nallasopara in Thane, police said on Monday.
The three arrested, all around 19-20 years of age, planned the double murder with an intention of robbery, Thane District Rural Superintendent of Police Anil Kumbhare told reporters here.
The three accused were detained two days back and arrested yesterday.
On April 8, brothers Dinesh Narayan Soni (27) and Madan Narayan Soni (42) were allegedly strangled with plastic straps used for box packaging at their house.
Police said the main accused in the murder, Farhan alias Mallik Mumtaz Ahmad Shaikh (25), hid himself in a lodge. When the police tried to catch him earlier, he jumped out of the third floor window and fell over a `tandoor` of a hotel and sustained minor injuries. He is being treated at a hospital now, police said, adding that he would be arrested later on.
Farhan worked as a spot boy in some film studios and used his girlfriend (one of the accused arrested in the case), who worked in a call centre, in the crimes, police said.
Their modus operandi was to send a girl to a jewellery shop on the pretext of making some purchases. Later, the girl would befriend the owners following which the male members of the gang would kill them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days