Three arrested for Mumbai bridge collapse
Mumbai: Three employees of a company were today arrested in connection with the collapse of a portion of an under-construction bridge near the international airport here in which three people were killed, police said.
The arrested -- Pechi Muttu Subramaniam (27), Subbaya Velu Shravanal (34) and Lakhbir Nirmal Singh (27) -- were supervisors of the site and employed with Larsen and Toubro company, which had taken up the construction work of the bridge, they said.
The three were booked under sections 304 (II) (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code sections, they added.
Three persons were killed while several others injured after the portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed at Mumbai international airport last night.
The cause of the collapse was being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan