Three arrested for Mumbai bridge collapse
Mumbai: Three employees of a company were today arrested in connection with the collapse of a portion of an under-construction bridge near the international airport here in which three people were killed, police said.
The arrested -- Pechi Muttu Subramaniam (27), Subbaya Velu Shravanal (34) and Lakhbir Nirmal Singh (27) -- were supervisors of the site and employed with Larsen and Toubro company, which had taken up the construction work of the bridge, they said.
The three were booked under sections 304 (II) (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code sections, they added.
Three persons were killed while several others injured after the portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed at Mumbai international airport last night.
The cause of the collapse was being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air