Three arrested for possessing fake currency in Mumbai
Mumbai: Three persons were today arrested
for allegedly possessing fake currency worth Rs 4.5 lakh from
suburban Mumbai, police said.
The crime branch department of the city police arrested
the trio after receiving a tip off that a fake currency
consignment was being brought to Mumbai.
"The notes which were in 1000 and 500 denominations were
manufactured and supplied from Bangladesh. The trio had
collected the notes from the Bangladesh border and brought it
to the city," Joint Commissioner of police (crime) Himanshu
Roy told reporters here today.
The three arrested accused are - Anil Shah, Rakesh Shah
and Vishnu Shah. The police are still on the look out for
another accused Daku Mama, whom they suspect was the one who
supplied the fake currency to the trio.
"Although this is the first time, the accused have
brought a consignment to Mumbai, they seem to be
professionals. The paper used in the fake currency and the
picture of Mahatma Gandhi is very similar to the real
currency," Roy said.
The accused, however, got caught as the RBI logo used in
the fake currency notes was wrong, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today