Three arrested in connection with teenager`s murder
Mumbai: Two history-sheeters and a woman
were arrested for allegedly murdering a teenager believing
that he was a police informer, police said today.
Kadar Shaikh was stabbed to death near Rizvi Hotel at
Dharavi area allegedly by three history-sheeters and an
elderly woman, who suspected that he was a police informer
and was intimating them about their whereabouts, police said.
The accused Feroz Khan (25), his mother Munyappa, 50, and
aide Mohammed Shaikh (20) were arrested from Dharavi, police
said. Parvez Khan (30), who is a brother of Feroz, is still
absconding, said Senior Inspector H A Patil at Dharavi Police
According to police, Shaikh was waylaid by Khan family
and Mohammed who started a heated argument with him last
night. Later, Feroz and Parvez wielding a sword attacked
Shaikh, severely injuring him on his neck, chest and back.
"Shaikh was rushed Sion hospital where he was declared
dead. Feroz has at least 15 cases registered against him
including murder, robbery and house breaking. Parvez also has
a criminal background," he said.
They had an information that Feroz would carry out a
robbery following which police were keeping an eye on his
movements, Patil said.
However, Feroz suspected that Shaikh was providing
information to police on his whereabouts and this led to the
murder of the youth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress