Three arrested in connection with teenager`s murder
Mumbai: Two notorious criminals and a woman were arrested for allegedly murdering a teenager believing
that he was a police informer, police said Friday.
Kadar Shaikh was stabbed to death near Rizvi Hotel at
Dharavi area allegedly by three history-sheeters and an
elderly woman, who suspected that he was a police informer
and was intimating them about their whereabouts, police said.
The accused Feroz Khan (25), his mother Munyappa, 50, and
aide Mohammed Shaikh (20) were arrested from Dharavi, police
said. Parvez Khan (30), who is a brother of Feroz, is still
absconding, said Senior Inspector H A Patil at Dharavi Police
According to police, Shaikh was waylaid by Khan family
and Mohammed who started a heated argument with him last
night. Later, Feroz and Parvez wielding a sword attacked
Shaikh, severely injuring him on his neck, chest and back.
"Shaikh was rushed Sion hospital where he was declared
dead. Feroz has at least 15 cases registered against him
including murder, robbery and house breaking. Parvez also has
a criminal background," he said.
They had an information that Feroz would carry out a
robbery following which police were keeping an eye on his
movements, Patil said.
However, Feroz suspected that Shaikh was providing
information to police on his whereabouts and this led to the
murder of the youth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow