Three charred to death in Mumbai
Mumbai: Three people were charred to death in their sleep when a fire broke out in a tenement of Santacruz west here early Thursday, a fire brigade official said.
He said the blaze in the congested Khotwadi chawl started at 4 am and was brought under control after firemen battled it for more than five hours.
The victims were identified as: Ramdev Gala, 20, Ramesh Karotra, 19, and Baburao Vaid, 22, the official said.
The cause of the fire is not known and investigations into the incident are underway, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy