Three charred to death in Mumbai
Mumbai: Three people were charred to death in their sleep when a fire broke out in a tenement of Santacruz west here early Thursday, a fire brigade official said.
He said the blaze in the congested Khotwadi chawl started at 4 am and was brought under control after firemen battled it for more than five hours.
The victims were identified as: Ramdev Gala, 20, Ramesh Karotra, 19, and Baburao Vaid, 22, the official said.
The cause of the fire is not known and investigations into the incident are underway, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!