Three children charred to death in fire
Shirdi: Three siblings were charred to death when their hutment caught fire at a village here early on Monday, police said.
The blaze erupted in the hutment of Dadasaheb Tukaram Vidhate at Nandurkhi village near Shirdi town of Maharashtra at around 1.30 AM in which his three children were charred to death, Shirdi police inspector Datta Pawar said.
The deceased were identified as - Akash (14), Manisha (12) and Vikas (10).
Dadasaheb also sustained burns while trying to douse the flames and has been admitted to hospital.
The blaze apparently broke out through an earthen lamp which was kept lit in the hut during the night, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India