Three children charred to death in fire
Shirdi: Three siblings were charred to death when their hutment caught fire at a village here early on Monday, police said.
The blaze erupted in the hutment of Dadasaheb Tukaram Vidhate at Nandurkhi village near Shirdi town of Maharashtra at around 1.30 AM in which his three children were charred to death, Shirdi police inspector Datta Pawar said.
The deceased were identified as - Akash (14), Manisha (12) and Vikas (10).
Dadasaheb also sustained burns while trying to douse the flames and has been admitted to hospital.
The blaze apparently broke out through an earthen lamp which was kept lit in the hut during the night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez