Three children killed in road mishap, 14 injured
Amravati: Three students of nursery class were killed and 14 others sustained injuries when their school bus collided with another bus at Navsari here this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred at around 8 AM today when the school bus carrying children, in the age group of 3 to 7, from adjoining Walgaon, Khartalegaon and Kund Sarjapur villages, collided with a MSRTC mini bus coming towards Amravati from Paratwada at Navsari bypass intersection.
The school bus driver failed to notice the mini bus and collided with it.
Three children were killed on the spot, while 14 others were injured, including two of them seriously, Gadge Nagar police station ACP Mohan Kshirsagar said.
The deceased children were identified as - Om Ashish Pawar, Rohit Satish Kukade and Utkarsha Pradeep Nirmal.
The injured have been admitted to district general hospital and other private hospitals in the city.
Drivers of both the buses have been taken into custody, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash