Three children killed in road mishap, 14 injured
Amravati: Three students of nursery class were killed and 14 others sustained injuries when their school bus collided with another bus at Navsari here this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred at around 8 AM today when the school bus carrying children, in the age group of 3 to 7, from adjoining Walgaon, Khartalegaon and Kund Sarjapur villages, collided with a MSRTC mini bus coming towards Amravati from Paratwada at Navsari bypass intersection.
The school bus driver failed to notice the mini bus and collided with it.
Three children were killed on the spot, while 14 others were injured, including two of them seriously, Gadge Nagar police station ACP Mohan Kshirsagar said.
The deceased children were identified as - Om Ashish Pawar, Rohit Satish Kukade and Utkarsha Pradeep Nirmal.
The injured have been admitted to district general hospital and other private hospitals in the city.
Drivers of both the buses have been taken into custody, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people