Three children killed in road mishap, 14 injured
Amravati: Three students of nursery class were killed and 14 others sustained injuries when their school bus collided with another bus at Navsari here this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred at around 8 AM today when the school bus carrying children, in the age group of 3 to 7, from adjoining Walgaon, Khartalegaon and Kund Sarjapur villages, collided with a MSRTC mini bus coming towards Amravati from Paratwada at Navsari bypass intersection.
The school bus driver failed to notice the mini bus and collided with it.
Three children were killed on the spot, while 14 others were injured, including two of them seriously, Gadge Nagar police station ACP Mohan Kshirsagar said.
The deceased children were identified as - Om Ashish Pawar, Rohit Satish Kukade and Utkarsha Pradeep Nirmal.
The injured have been admitted to district general hospital and other private hospitals in the city.
Drivers of both the buses have been taken into custody, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani