Three cops injured in land mine blast in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: Three policemen sustained minor
injuries and their vehicle suffered damages when a group of
Naxalites triggered land mine blast in Gadchiroli district
on Wednesday, police said.
The police party came under attack in Chichola forest of
Dhanora taluka during a routine patrolling when Naxals
triggered land mine blast and opened indiscriminate firing,
Three policemen Ramu Gawade (driver), Jitendra Vaidya and
Sunil Waghmare were injured and were brought to the District
Civil Hospital in Gadchiroli for treatment.
The subsequent encounter lasted for ten minutes after
which Naxals fled into thick forests. On receiving
information, additional police force was rushed to the
encounter site, they said.
In another incident, one Maqbool Rajabali Sayyed (28)
was killed by Naxalites in Sawargaon in Dhanora taluka last
night. The Naxals slit the throat of Sayyed, who was in cattle
The reason behind his killing could not be known so far,
the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31