Three cops injured in land mine blast in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: Three policemen sustained minor
injuries and their vehicle suffered damages when a group of
Naxalites triggered land mine blast in Gadchiroli district
on Wednesday, police said.
The police party came under attack in Chichola forest of
Dhanora taluka during a routine patrolling when Naxals
triggered land mine blast and opened indiscriminate firing,
Three policemen Ramu Gawade (driver), Jitendra Vaidya and
Sunil Waghmare were injured and were brought to the District
Civil Hospital in Gadchiroli for treatment.
The subsequent encounter lasted for ten minutes after
which Naxals fled into thick forests. On receiving
information, additional police force was rushed to the
encounter site, they said.
In another incident, one Maqbool Rajabali Sayyed (28)
was killed by Naxalites in Sawargaon in Dhanora taluka last
night. The Naxals slit the throat of Sayyed, who was in cattle
The reason behind his killing could not be known so far,
the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan