Three cops injured in land mine blast in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: Three policemen sustained minor
injuries and their vehicle suffered damages when a group of
Naxalites triggered land mine blast in Gadchiroli district
on Wednesday, police said.
The police party came under attack in Chichola forest of
Dhanora taluka during a routine patrolling when Naxals
triggered land mine blast and opened indiscriminate firing,
Three policemen Ramu Gawade (driver), Jitendra Vaidya and
Sunil Waghmare were injured and were brought to the District
Civil Hospital in Gadchiroli for treatment.
The subsequent encounter lasted for ten minutes after
which Naxals fled into thick forests. On receiving
information, additional police force was rushed to the
encounter site, they said.
In another incident, one Maqbool Rajabali Sayyed (28)
was killed by Naxalites in Sawargaon in Dhanora taluka last
night. The Naxals slit the throat of Sayyed, who was in cattle
The reason behind his killing could not be known so far,
the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?