Three docs booked for causing death of baby
Akola: Three city-based doctors have been booked for culpable homicide and medical negligence in case of a stillborn child in the district, police said on Sunday.
Based on a complaint filed by Basera colony resident Pravin Bochre, police lodged an offence against doctors - Shilpa Kotak, Kiran Gupta and Vijay Ahuja, working at a private Kotak hospital here.
Bochre alleged that his wife Anjali was admitted to Kotak hospital on May 17 earlier this year for delivery. On the night of May 18, she delivered a stillborn baby boy.
Suspecting negligence at the hands of the doctors, Bochre filed a complaint with police on May 19.
However, the doctors allegedly issued a document claiming that the baby`s death was caused because of being caught in the umbilical cord.
But, the postmortem report of the infant which was issued yesterday stated that the death was caused due to head injury occurring during ceasarian operation performed for delivery.
On the basis of the postmortem report, last night Khadam police registered offences against the three errant doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal