Three docs booked for causing death of baby
Akola: Three city-based doctors have been booked for culpable homicide and medical negligence in case of a stillborn child in the district, police said on Sunday.
Based on a complaint filed by Basera colony resident Pravin Bochre, police lodged an offence against doctors - Shilpa Kotak, Kiran Gupta and Vijay Ahuja, working at a private Kotak hospital here.
Bochre alleged that his wife Anjali was admitted to Kotak hospital on May 17 earlier this year for delivery. On the night of May 18, she delivered a stillborn baby boy.
Suspecting negligence at the hands of the doctors, Bochre filed a complaint with police on May 19.
However, the doctors allegedly issued a document claiming that the baby`s death was caused because of being caught in the umbilical cord.
But, the postmortem report of the infant which was issued yesterday stated that the death was caused due to head injury occurring during ceasarian operation performed for delivery.
On the basis of the postmortem report, last night Khadam police registered offences against the three errant doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?