Three docs booked for causing death of baby
Akola: Three city-based doctors have been booked for culpable homicide and medical negligence in case of a stillborn child in the district, police said on Sunday.
Based on a complaint filed by Basera colony resident Pravin Bochre, police lodged an offence against doctors - Shilpa Kotak, Kiran Gupta and Vijay Ahuja, working at a private Kotak hospital here.
Bochre alleged that his wife Anjali was admitted to Kotak hospital on May 17 earlier this year for delivery. On the night of May 18, she delivered a stillborn baby boy.
Suspecting negligence at the hands of the doctors, Bochre filed a complaint with police on May 19.
However, the doctors allegedly issued a document claiming that the baby`s death was caused because of being caught in the umbilical cord.
But, the postmortem report of the infant which was issued yesterday stated that the death was caused due to head injury occurring during ceasarian operation performed for delivery.
On the basis of the postmortem report, last night Khadam police registered offences against the three errant doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah