Three drown in Aksa beach in Malwani
Mumbai: A picnic trip turned into a tragedy
for a group of nine boys today as three of them, including two
brothers, drowned at the Aksa beach in suburban Malwani,
Satish Bhansal (19), Akash Bhansal (10) and Mayur Patel
(13) drowned when they jumped in the water to swim, they said.
They were rushed to nearby hospital, where they were
declared dead, they said adding that Satish and Akash are
According to police, nine friends -- aged between 10 to
19 years and residents of Yadav Nagar in suburban Jogeshwari
-- reached the beach in the morning as their educational
institutes were closed today.
At around 11.30 am, after playing for some time at the
beach, the boys decided to venture into the waters, said V
Andhale, Senior Inspector at Malwani police station.
All the nine were pulled inside by huge waves following
which they screamed for help, he said.
Lifeguards deployed at the beach brought the boys out of
the sea-water but five of them were in an unconscious state,
Andhale said adding that three died while two others are
recuperating in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?