Three eve-teasers lynched in Nagpur
Nagpur: Three persons were allegedly lynched to death by an angry mob for eve-teasing in Bharat Nagar area of the city on Wednesday morning, police said.
One of the three men was apparently dressed in a saree, while the other two in the guise of policemen indulged in eve-teasing, following which an angry mob, including women, pelted them with stones and beat them with sticks.
By the time police rushed to Bharat Nagar, in Kalamana area of the city and tried to disperse the mob, they had already beaten three persons to death, while police managed to arrest their fourth accomplice, police said.
Following tension in the area, police immediately removed the bodies from the site.
Senior police officials have rushed to the spot and investigating the incident.
It is noteworthy that the division bench of Chief justice Arun Mishra and Justice NK Jain on the PIL had on April 17, directed Archaeological survey of India and MNIT, Jaipur, to complete the task of renovation and restoration of ancient Bharatpur fort and the heritage Sujanganga Canal surrounding the fort within a period of two months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know